Tuesday, January 10, 2012

What I'm Reading--

   This year I am hoping I will be able to make my goal of reading 100 books. It is only about 8 books a month, but time goes by to fast!! I've made an okay dent in my to-be read list and here are some of the few I picked up at the library

Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris-
     Everyone and their mother told me I needed to read this series! Once again it takes me years until I actually jump aboard the trending train.

Review:
   The bodacious, blonde beauty Sookie Stackhouse is a cocktail waitress in Bon Temps, Louisiana. She is pretty but rarely dates. She mostly just spends time with her grandmother and cat. She has a reason for this. She calls it a disability but some refer to it as a gift. She can read what other people are thinking or feeling. Her abilities make it very difficult in situations but luckily she just met a man whom she cannot read. His name is Bill Compton and he is a very attractive and pale vampire. Sookie finds Bill intriguing because she has some peace and quiet. Bill is trying to mainstream. But Bon Temps is shaken by a number of murders that all seem to connect back to vampire bite marks. Is Sookie falling in love with a vicious vampire or is he really a good vampire? (Well as good as a vampire can get.) Sookie will find her self questioning everyone around her and maybe her gift will come in handy when trying to catch a killer.

    I enjoyed this book tremendously. Did I get the wow factor? No. However, I still find this series to have very intriguing and well thought out characters. I will continue reading this series because (as you probably already noticed) I enjoy a good cozy and relaxed mystery series. Charlaine Harris has yet to let me down in that department.
 
    Next on the to-be read list:

The Long Quiche Goodbye by Avery Aames


Review to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment