Friday, January 13, 2012

The Long Quiche Goodbye by Avery Aames

The Long Quiche Goodbye by Avery Aames


Review:
    Charlotte Bessette is busy making everything perfect for the grand opening of Fromagerie Bessette, also known as The Cheese Shop in Providence, Ohio. Charlotte and her cousin Matthew jumped at the chance to take on the family passion of cheese, and what does better with cheese other than wine. With Matthew hard at work in the wine annex and Charlotte working like a bee setting up platters upon platters of cheese the grand opening should be nothing but a hit. Kristine Woodhouse has different plans in mind. She wants to ruin the grand opening because she is running against Bernadette Bessette, Charlotte's grandmother. Since Kristine's husband owns Charlotte's building why not promise to ruin everything they have built. The grand opening goes off with a bang and Charlotte could not be happier until she hears a blood-curdling scream from outside. When she gets their she finds the victim has been stabbed with one of her olive-wood-handled knives and the prime suspect covered in blood. But when the police think they have a closed case, it is up to Charlotte to become the Nancy Drew of Providence, Ohio. 


  I really enjoyed this book. Something about it made it a little different than some of the other cozy mysteries I have read recently. I thought the plot was well thought out and the characters deeply molded. I loved that Charlotte's past is not a big section of the book. Her past is not what defined the character and I think it is promising that in the next few installments of this series her character will grow immensely. I did enjoy the history of her cousin Matthew and the girls  and I'm looking forward to learning more about Jordan Pace and his sister. The protagonist is strong it this book and I think that is one of the reasons I enjoyed it so much but I also enjoy when the minor characters have just as interesting of a life and history that the reader wants to get to know them. I found myself wanting to just push Charlotte into asking Jordan about things that I wanted to know about him or his sister. Hopefully, I will able to learn more about them soon! On to the next book! If you like cozy mysteries this is a must read!

No comments:

Post a Comment