Friday, January 27, 2012

What I'm Reading--

    I have been slacking lately in the blogging department. My husband and I got this cute little beagle puppy a few months ago, his name is Barney (Barney as in the Barnacle from HMYM, not the big purple dinosaur). He is still pretty cute but he is in this puppy chewing phase and decided last week to chew BOTH of our power cords to our computers. Lack of power supply = Lack of blogging.

Living Dead in Dallas by Charlaine Harris


Review: Sookie Stackhouse made a deal with the devil. Well not a devil exactly but a sexy vampire which is close enough.  Sookie is rented by Eric to go to Dallas where a vampire has gone missing and has not returned to his nest, which is very unusual for this cowboy vampire. Sookie must use her telepathic skills to find out the truth about what happened. Sookie will only interview the humans if the vampires agree that the humans will be able to leave unharmed. From beginning to end Sookie finds herself once again in the cross hairs of death. Who is most dangerous in this big southern state, the vampires or the humans?


I found the second installment in the Sookie Stackhouse series to be more exciting than the first. The first book was mostly about the relationship being built between Bill and Sookie with some murders in between. This book has all types of excitement. From learning about other dark and dangerous creatures to finding some humans creepier than the vampires.



Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley


 Review;
Alan Bradley introduces eleven-year-old sleuth Flavia de Luce, who is quite brilliant and has a knack for poison. She spends most of her time tucked away in her chemistry lab building ways to play tricks on her sisters.   But when she wakes up one morning and finds a strange man dead in the garden, she goes on a hunt to find the killer. She begins to piece together not only the crime but her father's history. Can it bring their relationship closer? 


I absolutely loved the protagonist in this series and I wish I would have been more like Flavia when I was her age. This series is based in the summer of 1950 in an old English Mansion. I found myself intrigued from the first page until the very end. I already picked up book number 2! I think everyone should pick up this book!

Second Grave on the Left by Darynda Jones


Currently Reading. Review to Come.

No comments:

Post a Comment