Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas!!

This is my first Christmas away from my family :( So, My husband and I tried to make our own Christmas memories! First off, we slept in.. it was soooo enjoyable! After breakfast we decided to open our presents and make phone calls back home to wish all of our family Merry Christmas, then we decided to cuddle up and watch Christmas movies! But the best part of my day has included baking more Christmas cookies! My favorite recipe is called a Cherry Chip Cookie, but you don't have to use cherry chips, you can use mint chips instead (only mint, not mint and chocolate). Trust me, these are some of the best cookies ever made!!

Cherry Chip Cookies
Scant 2 1/2 cups flour
1/8 tsp salt
1 cup margarine
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg yolk
1 tsp almond extract
3/4 cup crushed corn flakes
1 pkg cherry chips or mint chips

Go easy on the flour or they won't hold together when you roll them in a ball. Flatten with a fork dipped in sugar. Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes.

If anyone sees this recipe and enjoys the cookies, Please let me know! Everyone at work enjoyed them!

No comments:

Post a Comment