Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Sprinkle with Murder by Jenn McKinlay

Things I love about Goodreads
- I am able to be apart of all kinds of groups
-Therefore, I am able to find new new series to add to my love for cozy mysteries!

This book popped up in a to-read list for one of my groups. First off, I love books that give me new recipes to try! The baker in me filled with joy when I saw this cover! Not only that but the reviews were good, people LIKED it! I then realized that this book is now on the top of my to-be-read list.

Review:
Melanie Cooper and Angie DeLaura are the new owners of the Fairy Tale Cupcakes bakery in Scottsdale Arizona. Business is picking up and they are finally in their dream career and its becoming a success. They just got an order for five hundred cupcakes to be made for their best-friend's wedding and his bridezilla. The bridezilla is demanding and horrible, but neither Mel or Angie want to admit to their long time friend that he is crazy for marrying someone like Christie Stevens. To everyone's surprise Tate will not be walking down the isle anytime soon, not because he called the wedding off but because Christie Stevens is found dead with a cupcake in her hand. Yes, one of Fairy Tale Cupcakes. Mel has to find the real killer before the police put her behind bars. But who is trying to frame her?

I really enjoyed this debut for the Cupcake Bakery series by Jenn McKinlay. I loved all of the characters and I think the movie quotes bring a lightness to the series to bring comfort to any reader. I am looking foward to see how the characters will transform in the next books. I am also hoping to find new and exciting characters to add to this popular Arizona town. I am going to bake my heart away this weekend and try the included recipes. I will post pictures and my thoughts on how they turn out in my kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment