Sunday, November 13, 2011

Blonde Bombshell Recipe

Sorry it took me so long to publish the recipe included in Sprinkle with Murder by Jenn McKinlay. I absolutely loved these cupcakes and I can't wait to make another batch!

Ingredients:
3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened (and people who try to microwave your butter.... just leave it out for 20 min or warm it between your hands if its frozen.)
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs, at room temperature (yes, this matters)
1 1/2 tsp almond extract
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 1/2 cups flour
1 1/4 cups milk

How to:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
2. Cream butter and sugar at medium speed, add eggs and milk, and beat until smooth.
3. Beat in extracts. Add dry ingredients, 1/4 of a cup at a time, beat until smooth.
4. Fill liners 2/3 of the way. ( Ice cream scoop is a great help.)
5. Bake until golden brown, about 20 min.

I put regular buttercream frosting and some colorful sprinkles on top of the yummy almond flavored cupcakes!

Friendly advice, if you always forget to leave your butter out, so you try to microwave it. Whenever I bake the first thing I take out butter and eggs and set them in a bowl, than I get all of my other ingredients out of the pantry and begin the process. This gives them about 10-15 min to breath. If the butter is still hard, move it around while gripping it in your hands. It works!

No comments:

Post a Comment