Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The Sorceress by Michael Scottt




The Adventures of Josh and Sophie Newman continue with more battles than before. In The Sorceress both twins are Awakened but they are still being hunted by Dr. Dee and a abundance of Dark Elder servants. Can everyone escape the grasps of London's dark streets? On the other side of the world Pernelle Flamel is still isolated on Alcatraz. Can she find away off the island without using too much of her power?

I really did enjoy this book in the adventures of Josh and Soophie and had a difficult time choosing between 3 and 4 stars. I finally choose 4 because I feel that if I would have read this book when I was a teen I would have enjoyed it even more. I love the way that Michael Scott plays with Mythological and historical characters and is able to give them real and visonary traits. The reader can not help but picture these characters as Scott writes them. I will forever imagine Shakespeare in blue overalls and leaning over a broken car. Not because it is true but because the image is so unrealistic that I only wish it were true.

Since I'm in my 20's the writing often feels so young and this often bugs me. However, I keep reading the series and I find that Michael Scott's writing is getting better as the series continues. I am looking forward to the next book in the series

No comments:

Post a Comment