Thursday, October 6, 2011

Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys

All I can say after just completing this book is that Ruta Sepetys told a heart-wrenching tale. In the first 20 pages I found my eyes filling with tears and this continued until the very end. At some points I was so angry at the NKVD. I found myself absorbing all of the emotions from this book. Don't let the fact that this story is so heart-wrenching stop you from reading this. It is an amazing and well written book and I believe everyone should read.

I had no idea that this happened to the people of the Baltic and I'm sure I am not alone. Sepetys wrote brilliantly, without flair. She wrote so straight-forward and just let the reader create the pictures of Lina's daily life. I found myself NOT able to put it down, even when my eyes filled with tears I would just wipe them away and continue to read. I would recommend this to about anyone. I do not feel like I could explain this book to anyone. No words can do it justice. Just read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment